September 16, 2008

On a Red Full Moon


I worked with Kiko Denzer this week, helping to roof a beautiful earthen garden wall he built. There is a Rumford fireplace shown here and a cozy bench on the other side.




I also visited new friends, Aaron and Autumn, at the future site of The Oregon Folk School. Yes! They are creating something amazing!
They showed me how to use a bow and arrow. Ha, ha, I see from the photo Autumn took that I need to work on my form but look! I got a good shot my second try. :)




Back at Hannah and Kikos,
a smaller, handmade version of the crocks I love.


Ben, Kai, Isaac and Eban singing.

The dreamy valley.

Together with the ladies in the garden.

Hannah's bread, Karen's cornbread, potatoes mandoline,
elk, lasagna, flax crackers, bacon, soup stock.
A varitable smorgasbord of deliciousness
came continually out of this oven!

Great design and gorgeous details abound.

A red sunset followed the next day. I am back in Portland now preparing for an upcoming oven job in Spokane.
Today I am going to make oven tools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home